Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Printmaking Project


The process I went through to get the final product for this project was very long and tedious, and required a lot of patience. First, we researched two animals in their natural habitats, and then drew them in our sketchbooks. I chose a parrot and a panda. After deciding to do the parrot, we drew another picture of it in our sketchbook that we would transfer onto the linoleum. Then, we were able to carve out the linoleum. I think this step was the most time consuming, because you had to be very careful and patient. After I was done carving, I was ready to start printing! I picked out the paint color and paper color I wanted to use and started to do my prints. I think this part was a little bit hard, because you had to make sure that you were evenly covering the linoleum. If you put too much or too little paint on the linoleum, then it wouldn't look right. During this project, I learned that art takes patience if you want your piece to turn out the way you want it to. Overall, I am pleased with my final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment