Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Contour Line Shoe Drawing

My contour line drawings have increased greatly from the beginning of this unit. When I started out, I was used to picking up my pen/ pencil and moving around. I learned how to change the speed of my hand to match the speed of my eyes, so that I could draw what I saw. In the drawing I was able to capture the basic outline of the shoe, but not the small details on it. I didn't draw all the wrinkles and ridges in the shoe, and by doing that I think I could've made the drawing much better. This drawing was also very hard because I'm not used to drawing in a fluid motion, because I am more of a "sketchy" artist. I made many obvious mistakes in the drawing. One being that the laces started off being skinny and then gradually got fatter. I definitely made improvements during the contour line drawing unit. I don't think this was my best drawing, but I don't think it was my worst either.

No comments:

Post a Comment